Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The "Make Him Do It" Dynamic In Action: Obama to Back Sanders' Crackdown on Executive Pay from Open Left

This week, I wrote my syndicated newspaper column about what I called "The Make Him Do It" Dynamic - that is, how congressional progressives - with the help of the progressive movement - were having success pushing President Obama to take much stronger stands on issues than he seems inclined to take. And yesterday, I noted that Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) has been working with the progressive movement to push a legislative crackdown on executive pay at banks taking bailout money. Well, today, President Obama finally responded, announcing his support for such a crackdown.

Though we don't know the full details of Obama's plan, it is a pretty clear reversal of his administration's earlier declaration that it would oppose limits on executive pay.

rest http://www.openleft.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=11349

No comments:

Post a Comment