Sunday, August 22, 2010

@sarahpalinusa Sarah Palin Thinks The N-Word Is Okay, Retards

source http://smokingsection.uproxx.com/TSS/2010/08/sarah-palin-supports-dr-lauras-use-of-the-n-word


In case you haven't checked your calendar, it's time for America's annual "N-Word" debate. Spearheading it this time is beloved racist Dr. Laura. Last week, she went on a rant where she used the "N-Word" 11 times in five minutes, breaking my old English teacher's record.

Of course everyone is up in arms over it, calling for Dr. Laura's resignation. But fear not, L Boogie, one person has your back: modern-day philosopher and political pundit Sarah Palin.

Sweat Mediaite's technique:

Palin, who earlier this year famously called for Rahm Emanuel's firing after a secondhand report surfaced that he had used the word retard in a closed-door meeting, and who has spent and inordinate amount of time refudiating the Lower Manhattan mosque on the basis that it is insensitive, is one-hundred percent on Dr. Laura's side. In fact, she would like Dr. Laura to "reload." From her twitter feed last night:

Dr.Laura:don't retreat…reload! (Steps aside bc her 1st Amend.rights ceased 2exist thx 2activists trying 2silence"isn't American,not fair")

Dr.Laura=even more powerful & effective w/out the shackles, so watch out Constitutional obstructionists. And b thankful 4 her voice,America!

I swear, if it were possible, Sarah Palin's tweets would be in Crayon.

Of course, this has all raised a big fuss over the use of the dreaded word. NPR chimed in with a poignant piece on who can use it and I'm sure your favorite sociologists and anthropologists are getting nerd boners and champing at the bit to make their annual "N-Word" declarations. Well, let me throw my two cents into the racial wishing well.

Black people toss the word around like it's nothing. I don't generally use it, mostly because I just don't feel the need to. But I don't feel bad or like I did something wrong when I do. White people, though, can't use the word. Of course, like the NPR piece said, if they're reading from a book that has the word, I'm fine with them saying it. However, I disagree with the piece that White people can just quote it whenever because I'll be damned if I'm going to sit back while a White person yells "…but she ain't messin' with no broke n*ggas!"

Is it fair? Not really. But just so we're clear:

Unfair Things in White People's Favor: 3,495
Unfair Things in Black People's Favor: 1

Right. Just checking.

*Whistles*
*Walks Away*


No comments:

Post a Comment