Thursday, March 14, 2013

Writer Interviewed On @Hannity Gets Hate-Tweet: ‘I Hope You Get Raped And Your Throat Slit’ @foxnews

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/03/14/writer-interviewed-on-hannity-gets-hate-tweet-i-hope-you-get-raped-and-your-throat-slit-video/


Screenshot of Zerlina Maxwell on Hannity

Screenshot of Zerlina Maxwell on Hannity

Zerlina Maxwell, a writer and Democratic strategist, recently went on Sean Hannity's show on Fox News to discuss the issue of rape and guns. Zerlina had written an article on Ebony.com titled, "5 ways we can teach men not to rape," which had the following statement:

"I think that the entire conversation is wrong. I don't want anybody to be telling women anything. I don't want men to be telling me what to wear and how to act, not to drink. And I don't, honestly, want you to tell me that I needed a gun in order to prevent my rape. In my case, don't tell me if I'd only had a gun, I wouldn't have been raped. Don't put it on me to prevent the rape."


After the interview, there was a response by right wing media that soon stirred the emotions of those who felt that they had to respond…and respond they did. So far there has been some racist attacks and at least four threats on her life. One nasty tweet that was featured on the Ed Show:

"I hope you get raped and your throat slit! Maybe then you understand why white women need to be armed."

This is yet another marker in the contentious issue of gun control and rape. As noted, some of the threats and comments received by Ms. Maxwell were racist in tone, which adds yet another dark dimension to the whole picture.


rest http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/03/14/writer-interviewed-on-hannity-gets-hate-tweet-i-hope-you-get-raped-and-your-throat-slit-video/

No comments:

Post a Comment