Friday, November 21, 2008

More Obama Appointment News from Open Left

I really don't want to be pessimistic about the new Obama administration. Rather, I much preferred my optimistic mood from last night, discussing how the House seems to be moving in a more progressive direction, and how cutting military spending was a real possibility over the next couple of years. That felt good, and I want to keep feeling that way.

However, the apparent leading contenders for several top Obama administration positions continue to worry me. For example, Timothy Geithner, reported to be Obama's pick for Secretary of the Treasury, actually helped Paulson with the bailout:

Geithner was also closely involved in the design and execution of the Bush administration's $700bn banking bailout, which has proven less than popular with Congress and could become an issue during his confirmation hearing.

rest http://www.openleft.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=10088

No comments:

Post a Comment