Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Bill O'Reilly Compares South Side To Haiti from Chicagoist

 

Fox News commentator Bill O'Reilly has raised some eyebrows before but this time he's going big. On a tour with fellow Fox host Glenn Beck, O'Reilly was speaking about President Obama and his dedication to "government" fixing problems and dropped this nugget:

I'm seeing a guy who's very, very committed to the government. To government, the government's going to solve the problems, and I'm going I don't know how that's possible. If you've ever been to the South Side of Chicago, I mean, it's a disaster, all right? It's like Haiti, it's like -- I've been to Haiti a couple of times. I support some charities there, but Haiti just never gets better, no matter how much money you put in there because they don't have a system. And I said the government can't do it but, Obama really believes the government can do it.

The comment was made at the January 23 appearance. Hear the audio [via Media Matters] below.

No comments:

Post a Comment