Thursday, February 24, 2011

Prank Koch Call Changing Battle for Public Opinion in Wisconsin #p2


Andrea Mitchell talks to Walker backer Scott Suder, WI GOP Assembly member from Abbotsford. Note "Koch Whore" sign in background. (screengrab courtesy of twolf1)

MADISON, WI (FDL) – I've explained the mechanics of the State Senate and Assembly votes, and the atmosphere inside the occupied Capitol. Now let's turn to the politics, which have gotten very interesting over the past 24 hours.

The prank phone call to Gov. Scott Walker by a man pretending to be billionaire industrialist David Koch has become a real tipping point. I don't know how the national media has reacted to it, but the state media was seriously aggressive in yesterday's inexplicable press conference.

The first questioner asked Walker whether he could be trusted to negotiate in good faith, given he had discussed with "Koch" methods of tricking the Democrats into coming back to the Capitol building, and after he alluded to having considered bringing "troublemakers" into the crowds.

"For us I think it's real simple. First I want to say I take phone calls all the time," Walker said, before being interrupted by a reporter in the crowd who yelled, "Not mine!." Walker continued: "I've talked to individual taxpayers across the state. As I said last night I've listened to people both pro and con in terms of the e-mails I've received. But bottom line, the things I've said privately are the same things I've said all along."

rest at http://news.firedoglake.com/2011/02/24/prank-koch-call-changing-the-battle-for-public-opinion-in-wisconsin/

No comments:

Post a Comment