Sunday, September 9, 2012

Romney: There are a number of things I like in Obamacare #p2 #tcot

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/09/09/romney-there-are-a-number-of-things-i-like-in-obamacare/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story%29&utm_content=Google+Reader

Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney admitted on Sunday that there were some good provisions in the health reform law pushed by President Barack Obama.

"I'd say we're going to replace Obamacare and I'm replacing it with my own plan, and you know, even in Massachusetts, where I was governor, our plan there deals with pre-existing conditions and with young people," Romney told NBC's David Gregory in an interview .

"You'd keep that as part of the federal plan?" Gregory asked.

"I'm not getting rid of all of health care reform," Romney responded. "Of course there are a number of things that I like in health care reform that I'm going to put in place. One is to make sure that those with pre-existing conditions can get coverage.

"Two is to assure that the marketplace allows for individuals to have policies that cover their family up to whatever age they might like. I also want individuals to be able to buy insurance, health insurance on their own as opposed to only being able to get it on a tax advantage basis through their company."


No comments:

Post a Comment