Wednesday, February 16, 2011

.@foxnews Fox News Edits ThinkProgress Clip To Defend Its Ambush Reporter Jesse Watters


Last week, I caught up with Fox News ambusher Jesse Watters at the Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington, DC and asked him about a recent Media Matters' report that a former Fox News "insider" said that "stuff is just made up" at the network. However, instead of commenting on the story, Watters tried to belittle me. Thinking I was trying to "ambush" him, Watters said I was "a little JV" because I didn't have a big camera crew, claimed I looked "nervous," and even feigned victimhood at a slight brush up against his sport coat, saying, "Watch my blazer, bro."

In appreciation for their star ambush reporter's efforts to avoid commenting on how Fox makes stuff up, the network is now trying to spin my encounter with Watters. Bill O'Reilly last night aired a heavily edited clip of my interview with Watters and then attacked me personally (remember, O'Reilly once said he doesn't do personal attacks):

O'REILLY: As you may know, Factor producer Jesse Waters occasionally does man on the street interviews with people who dodge the Factor. That has angered some on the far left and groups like ThinkProgress do not like Jesse. They are, of course, misguided. Anyway, some nebbish from that group caught up with Watters in Washington. [...]

This dopey Media Matters outfit, which is a Web site, ran some kind of blind report, right? … This moron comes out there and who's — "are you making stuff up?" Most people say no, we don't make stuff up. You were brilliant in the sense that you don't even answer the question. This is stupid.

This morning, Fox and Friends also aired select portions of my interview with Watters. Doocy said Watters was "ambushed by a far left blogger" and simply accepted Watters' claim that I looked "a little nervous." "Watch my blazer, bro," Doocy said, quoting Watters' catch phrase from the interview. Watch it:

rest at http://thinkprogress.org/2011/02/16/fox-tp-watters/

No comments:

Post a Comment